The World According to JJK

Sunday, March 26, 2006

About time for an update

"You really need to update this thing" -- Lindsey, today when looking at my blog

Yeah I couldn't agree more, so here goes an update.

Well I've settled in to my new place. I'm loving the joys of living alone. No roomates dishes to do, no waiting to do laundry, basically being on my own is great. It's kind of funny too, because James and I never really hung out much or talked while I was at home but now we're talking like every couple of days. In fact one of the first days after I moved out we actually sat down at his dining room table and had a meal together. Amazing that it takes me moving out for stuff like that to happen. I told Mom that and she said "it was too close in the house." Everything's done in the apt except for picture hanging and curtains.

Work's going well. I'm getting adjusted to the swing of things and able to get my work done. Of course that'll be a different story in a month when I'm not handling the simple claims any more. I like what I'm doing and actually feel like there's a "career" in it, as opposed to ERAC... speaking of ERAC, now that I don't work there can I just say how freakin' INANE the Enterprise commercials are? With the B-movie quality acting in them I was really surprised that ERAC ponied up the big dough to be a recap sponsor for March Madness. At least Esurance has better commercials!

Aside from that everything's going well. I have a new addiction, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion for the 360... which is saying a lot since I've only had the game for the day. I'm usually not one for role-playing games, mainly because I get mad when the game determines if you hit somebody or not. This game is different... if you swing and hit something, you hit it... if you miss it, it's because you didn't swing quick enough.

I was looking online the other day to get Rays tickets for June when they play the Braves. I figured it'd be a good anniversary present. Well Lindsey brought up going to the Train concert and I countered with "wouldn't you rather go to the Rays/Braves game?" She just stared at me and said "I already bought tickets... that was supposed to be YOUR anniversary present!" So not only did we decide to go to the game, but I cashed in my 20,000 Hilton points I amassed while being out in Sacramento for training and we're gonna crash down in St. Pete after the game. Should be a fun weekend all around.

Well guess that's enough of an update. Everyone satisfied? Good :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home