The World According to JJK

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

One thought after Wilma: Is it November 30th yet?

"It's not so funny how we live each day
Wake up go, to work, come home, and replay
We say we love life inside it's untrue
Unless you got dollars aside it's not you"
-- Hush - 24 Hours

Well the Tampa Bay area survived another hurricane. Wilma made landfall quite a ways south of us, yet the question persists: How soon can November 30th get here?

It's really disheartening to work at an insurance company during hurricane season. I missed a good bit of the problems last year because I didn't come into the business until mid-November and by that time the whole season was pretty much over. Now it's just draining, to think that we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel only to have it blackened out by yet another storm. It also forces a bit of reality to the situation as far as what the "big wigs" really feel about the regular employees. I feel you can tell alot about a company by the way that they treat their employees, and making people work during the hurricane at dealership offices when the dealership is closed is NOT COOL. I guess it could be worse, we could have had a direct hit to our area.

Speaking of work, I am quite soon about to be officially more qualified than my immediate supervisor. I took the 2nd skills today which I was told was "really hard," and in my opinion the only hard part about it was having to physically write down the answers. I told my boss had I been able to type the answers out I would have been done in 20 minutes instead of the hour or so it took me. Guess that makes me more qualified should something else pop up, but I also did find it interesting that I'm not qualified to run my own office, yet I'm fully qualified to go help my boss go teach a computer program I've never actually used to a group of adjusters at another claims center. Interesting how things pan out, isn't it? If nothing else, I guess that means I'm closer to getting a job at an easier office with a pay raise, so maybe I can afford the extra gas money. Still on the job hunt but paying the bills in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home