The World According to JJK

Sunday, October 16, 2005

New Blog Same Joe

"I know it's late and I took all year but you can stop complaining 'cuz I'm finally here" --Kanye West - Late

Well I've been planning on making the switch to Blogger from LiveJournal for quite some time, and I figured might as well do it now. At some point I'll have to see if there's a way to import posts from the other journal. Might end up just have to cutting and pasting the entire thing into one giant entry.

Went to my first concert past week. Lindsey took me to go see Kanye West at the Sun Dome for our 6 month anniverary. Kanye's was awesome, but I wish I could say the same about his opening acts, Keyshia Cole, who's only song I recognized was a cover of Mary J. Blige's "I'm Going Down" and Fantasia (yes the American Idol one). Her set was another interesting one, as she covered both "Purple Rain" and "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Thankfully Kanye didn't disappoint, as he was on stage for almost 2 hours due to Common dropping out. He had these cubes with screens on top of them that covered the dj, orchestra, and piano player. Whenever he wanted, they could either be used to display images, or they instanly became see through so you could see the people inside it. Pretty cool stuff.

Aside from that, it's been a pretty normal week, except the fact that I got to see Lindsey every day because she was staying at my place the entire week so her roomate could concentrate on exams. Tonight's the first night that she won't be over here, and I must admit it does feel a little weird.

Can't think of what else to write right now. so I'll close with two funny discussions from the past week.

Lindsey: "I wonder how many times Kanye's gotten with her"
Joe: "Well, she's gotta be doing SOMETHING to stay on the tour! I mean you know you aren't the star when you are opening for FANTASIA"

--Lindsey referring to the "talent" or lack thereof of Keyshia Cole, Kanye's opening act.

Lindsey: "You should go because you're the man and you're supposed to be the provider!"
Joe: "Oh sure, women want equal rights, same jobs, same pay, but when it comes to getting up and going to breakfast I'm supposed to be the provider? What would Susan B. Anthony say?
Lindsey: "I don't know, but Gloria Steinem would laugh her ass off!"

-- Lindsey, setting the women's movement back years, explaining her side of the arguement about who should go get breakfast.

1 Comments:

  • I SO did not set the movement back. Alice laughed at it and said she would have said something similar. But in the end, it worked out didn't it? I got my way. :D

    By Blogger Residenseeeeeee, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home