The World According to JJK

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Vacation's over... back to work, in more ways than one

Well it's been a fun 6 days off. Had my last day at Enterprise on 2/1. Discussed it with HR and parted that day instead of today like I had originally planned, so I've technically been on "vacation" since then, and amazingly I accomplished quite a bit.

I started my apartment hunt and found a place quickly, and due to their availability, I will have a new address at the beginning of next month. Of all days to go apartment hunting, I picked my birthday to do so. That night Lindsey took me to The Cheesecake Factory for my birthday, which is always a fun experience, so I had a good birthday... of course it's hard not to have good day when you've already got the day off of work, but being with her made it even better.

The next morning we got up around 4:30 AM to make the 6 hour trek to Niceville. Figured it was as good a time as any to make the trip, plus I really needed to get all the presents Mom & Dad got me for my Christmas and birthday... which, to say in short, basically means they bought me everything I could ever need to start off living at a new place. Pots, pans, silverware, and so forth. I'm still amazed of the fact that it all fit in the car.

Only problem with my scheduling is that I don't really have a whole lot of time to pack. I've got to work the next 3 days, then will be jetting off to Sacramento for 2 weeks. So when I get back, I'll only have a week to get everything situated. I've already started boxing up what I can, but most of it has to stay until I'm ready to move. The only saving grace is that I don't have to be completely out of the house, since Jim still lives here, but I would like to get it all done sooner than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home