The World According to JJK

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One major accomplishment down... and a few more to go

Well I did it. No I'm not talking about updating my journal (though it has been awhile). I finally found another job! Today was my last day for work at Enterprise, and I feel great. There's been a lot of drama in the office for the past week or so due to my leaving and it was because of this drama I was able to make an early exit. Now not only do I have my birthday off, but I'm off until 2/8, when I will start my new position as a claims rep for Esurance.

Things are pretty hectic right now, going to be going to Niceville for the weekend with Lindsey. It'll be nice to see the old town again, but I'll be picking up my Christmas and Birthday presents for my new apartment which I will be getting soon. I think I've got it narrowed down to about 3 different places so it's an exciting time.

I think the new job will be a welcome change for me. They're going to fly me out to Sacramento for 2 weeks of training, which is awesome. The only downside is it's in mid-February, so I will have to miss a few things here in town. First I won't be able to go to Lindsey's friend's wedding with her in Jacksonville, so I will also miss stopping in St. Augustine to see my friend Sara afterwards, but worst of all I will miss the Bon Jovi concert that Lindsey got me a ticket to for Christmas! I'm disappointed that I have to miss these things but the only other option is to stay with Enterprise and that's something I cannot do so I have to just take the good with the bad.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow I will be a quarter of a century old. It's funny, after 21 the birthdays start to seem like just another day, except on this day not only will I be "old" but my insurance rates will go down, so that's a good thing I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home