The World According to JJK

Monday, February 27, 2006

Back from the trip, with even less time to get stuff done

Wow, 2 weeks just flew by. Seems like just the other day I was hopping a plane to Sacramento, and now I'm back, with souvenier shotglasses in tow, to Tampa. Back to having a list of things to do and only having to rely mostly on myself to get them done. In some ways it's refreshing, but in others I just don't know how I'm going to get it all done in time. Take today for example: have to go sign my lease, hit the DMV for a license change, go to Target, do laundry, get renter's insurance, call on my 401k transfer and that's just the stuff I could think of while typing!

Yes it's an end of an era. I figured after getting carded so many times in CA and people just staring at the picture on my license, which is me at 16 due to always moving before my license expires, I feel it's time to get an "updated" look. Looking back on the trip, I'm amazed we all even got served alcohol, since at one point we had IDs at the bar from Florida, Georgia, Texas, Wisconsin, Arizona, and California. Never seen a bartender scrutinize IDs more in my life than out there.

California was cool. Got to go to San Francisco and see Alcatraz, Pier 39 (with sea lions) and the Golden Gate Bridge. Even WALKED up one of the massive hills so we could walk down Lombard Street, also know as the world's most crooked street. I've got some pictures I'll try to upload on here.

Well judging from my list I'm running about 3 hours late... better get moving so I can get it all done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home